The Communications and Advocacy Assistant position with ACFODE is a fixed and full-time position.
To support the successful coordination and implementation of ACFODE’s Communication and Advocacy Strategy
Supervision and coordination/consultation:
The Communications and Advocacy Assistant will be based in Kampala as a member of ACFODE’s Research, Advocacy and Knowledge Management Team, working under the supervision of the Advocacy and Communication’s Specialist, but is expected to work with a high degree of autonomy and initiative.
Principle areas of responsibility/activities:
The following roles shall be executed against existing advocacy and communication strategies and plans:
- Responsible for opinionated, creative writing, and frequently posting new content to all on-line communities. This shall include but not be limited to: photos, news articles, blogs, forums, upcoming events, and videos.
- Act at the frontline by interacting with fans in real time on various web platforms. This will involve acting as a liaison across the Internet, participating in minute-by-minute online conversations by answering questions, offering solutions and mediating conversations.
- Initiate/ summarize discussions on various social networking sites i.e. the Community blog, the list serve, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Monitor and analyze web based trends, and their impact on the organization brand.
- Participate in on-going discussions on other relevant mailing lists.
- Ensure that there's streamlined electronic access, effective user services and promptly fulfill user requests for information resources.
- Participate in local working groups/events for the further development of knowledge management services and assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the ACFODE’s strategy on information and knowledge management/sharing.
- Work with other members of Staff to collect and present the latest program information on the website, and all other social networking sites.
- Highlight the impact of ACFODE’s programs on line through gathering success stories from the field, and producing a monthly e-newsletter on the same.
- Support the coordination and effective implementation of all of ACFODE’s advocacy programmes/initiatives
How to apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a 1 page maximum cover letter by e- mail not later than 18th January, 2019, to the e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com Interviews with short-listed candidates will be scheduled for end of January2019. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.